The freedom of the hills
Whether you prefer open country trails or roads
Whether you prefer the big climbs or more gentle rides on the flat
Whether you like to travel far and fast or savour the beautiful scenery...
The Lozère is a dream for cyclists.
The most difficult thing is to choose which way to go!
"Mende à vélo" (Mende on a bike):
The website for cycling around Mende
Activities on two wheels:
- Bikes, cyclo-cross, mountain biking,...
- In Mende and around the Lozère
- news, new routes
Mountain biking park:
Mende crée un nouveau concept de VTT Park, respectueux de la nature.
Mende has created a new concept with its All Terrain Park, fully respecting the natural environment in the heart of the Causse de Mende forest, accessible to all for mountain biking through the wild undergrowth!
The goal is to introduce mountain biking to newcomers of all ages, and to encourage people who have given up cycling to get back into it. Mountain bike and Trial Courses, with sections adapted to all levels.
Everything has been designed so as not to spoil the natural beauty of the surroundings:
- All sections are made of wood, with more than half the key equipment sourced locally.
- The features have been created to protect the terrain without grading or levelling.
- No trees were cut down. All site maintenance is carried out by hand.
Three distinct areas make up the park:
1. For children under 5 (175 m²).
2. A trail for children from five to eight years old (272 metres long with one section, two workshops and three natural obstacles).
3. A trail for over-eights (1,050 metres long with two sections, two workshops, a walkway, and eight natural obstacles).
The sections and workshops are made mainly from category iv treated pine, with no chromium or arsenic, assembled only with screws and without concrete seals.
New BMX Track:
A new BMX track has opened in the Jean-Jacques Delmas sports complex, behind the Marceau Crespin swimming pool.
Approved at the regional level, this 3,200 m2 dirt track is composed of three long straights with moguls and ridges of different heights over a distance of some 80 metres. Three large banked turns connect the straights.
This fully fenced track can also be used by schools and cycling associations.
The organisation is run by the Comité Départemental de Cyclisme.
The track is ideal for beginners and experts in this popular and growing sport.
Calendar of cycling/cyclo-cross/Mountain bike events
All past and future dates are listed
Cyclotourist Tour of the Lozere
With 9,600 metres of climbs and descents over 595 km of trails, this permanent hiking trail is recognised by the Fédération Française de Cyclotourisme.
The ride, organised by the Mende Cycling Club, is open to everyone. In six days, or at your own pace, you'll see just how magnificent the Lozère truly is.Contact: Pierre LUSSON : 04 66 94 07 63 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Find out more in the website Tour de Lozère Cyclo